Welcome to the LSU Choral Division!
The LSU Choral Division within the School of Music and the College of Music and Dramatic Arts offers a variety of choral groups for students, each with special and individual goals and missions. Students from all colleges on campus are encouraged to participate in choral singing and enjoy the music and fellowship of singing in a chorus. Chorus members each year come from the LSU student population and each is a representative cross section of LSU containing music majors, non-majors, graduate and undergraduate students. The time commitment for most choruses is three 50 minute or two 90 minute rehearsals per week.
- Auditions for selective choruses are held in the week before classes each semester for any interested student.
- All students receive 1 semester hour credit for participation in an LSU chorus.
- There are no outside rehearsal times for the choruses except for the Dress Rehearsal prior to a performance. All work is done in the time assigned for the chorus.
- There are choruses that require no audition for interested students.
- Each chorus presents 1-4 performances each semester.
- No experience or special music training is required to participate in chorus at LSU.
Please click on one of the following links to look at each page for a description of one of the choruses, their course numbers, and rehearsal (class) times. The first link describes the Graduate program in Choral Studies at LSU.